Brand MU Day
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Coded Systems vs PDF Sheets

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Rough and Rowdy
    23 Posts 12 Posters 2.1k Views
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • A10 RockwellA Offline
      A10 Rockwell Banned
      last edited by

      The best of all worlds are VTTs.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • xCroakerX Offline
        xCroaker @Yam
        last edited by

        @Yam said:

        A few years ago I was so desperate to run an ares CoD game for my pals that I went the google sheets route. I think I had it so they’d be locked or versioned or something.
        882d9d20-15e5-4b93-9514-258874662fae-image.png f05c6d7c-fdcc-44e1-afc6-44ad553b215e-image.png 9a04a51c-d9ce-4bb4-aae4-33c0308a6915-image.png

        Then coder pal went ahead and coded an entire CoD plugin, so I ended up pivoting away from this idea. It would’ve been a lot of work managing everything like this, but hey, it’s possible! The sheets were styled using some free resources, then altered to handle the formulas.

        Speaking of CoD sheets in Ares, I went this route (screenshot below) with the plugin I’ve been working on. My two cents on this topic is I hate emailing and doing Google Sheets. I know it’s really no different, but email and shares just feel too personal vs creating a character/profile in a game that’s just for that game/system.

        045c7b78-2d94-42d1-8c36-542203617abd-image.jpeg

        RaistlinR 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • RaistlinR Offline
          Raistlin @xCroaker
          last edited by

          @xCroaker I agree about the emailing. I know it’s possible, but I don’t think I would want to do it as a player or want to ask players to do it as an admin.

          Your sheet looks pretty good, BTW!

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

          Register Login
          • First post
            Last post