A few years ago, when the game was still fairly fresh, a friend and I made characters in the werewolf sphere who were childhood friends and had a shared history.
Shortly after we entered the game, Addison took an interest in my friend’s character, and decidedly not in mine. I don’t think there was any sexual element to it at all, but he very much decided to involve my friend’s character heavily in his RP while decidedly not involving me.
Which is fine. People are allowed to do that.
What I will say, from sitting on the outside, is that it became very clear that Addison’s player could be fucking exhausting when his attention was turned on you, and he did not seem to pick up on hints that it was getting to be too much. So I can absolutely see how this has come about, even if he doesn’t realise he’s doing it and is well-intentioned.
At least partially as a result of his behaviour, my friend very quickly lost interest in the game. The attention was never creepy or sexual, but it was constant, intense and ultimately exhausting.