Brand MU Day
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    RL Peeves

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved No Escape from Reality
    1.0k Posts 89 Posters 493.3k Views 5 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • GashlycrumbG Offline
      Gashlycrumb
      last edited by Gashlycrumb

      When I was a little kid I totally wanted to jump into cars through their windows like The Dukes of Hazzard. Forty-five years later my driver’s side door lock is jammed so the door won’t open and I don’t like it.

      “This is Liberty Hall; you can spit on the mat and call the cat a bastard!”
      – A. Bertram Chandler

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 5
      • GashlycrumbG Offline
        Gashlycrumb
        last edited by

        The excessive use of initialisms.

        I read a whinge about take-out from BWW. I thought, “A big weird woman brought you food and you complain?”

        “This is Liberty Hall; you can spit on the mat and call the cat a bastard!”
        – A. Bertram Chandler

        RozR O 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 1
        • RozR Online
          Roz @Gashlycrumb
          last edited by

          @Gashlycrumb don’t be ridiculous, they obviously got dinner from the theatre news site and forum BroadwayWorld

          she/her | playlist

          GashlycrumbG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
          • GashlycrumbG Offline
            Gashlycrumb @Roz
            last edited by

            @Roz Years ago I was befuddled that conservatives kept calling the Bureau of Land Management a terrorist organisation. It’s some sort of cognitive flaw.

            The absolute best was that in the late '90’s neonazi skinheads started getting D.O.C. tattoos like in ‘American History X’ and I think, no, not ‘Department of Corrections’, no, I think DOC stands for ‘Day Old Chick.’

            “This is Liberty Hall; you can spit on the mat and call the cat a bastard!”
            – A. Bertram Chandler

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • juniperskyJ Online
              junipersky Administrators
              last edited by

              JUST TAKE YOUR GOD DAMN MEDICINE CHILD!!

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
              • O Offline
                Ominous @Gashlycrumb
                last edited by

                @Gashlycrumb said:

                The excessive use of initialisms.

                I read a whinge about take-out from BWW. I thought, “A big weird woman brought you food and you complain?”

                I assume that’s short for Buffalo Wild Wings? Weird. In college and well after college I only heard it refered to as BW3’s, because it’s original name was Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck.

                Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

                GashlycrumbG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • GashlycrumbG Offline
                  Gashlycrumb @Ominous
                  last edited by

                  @Ominous Yep. Evidently their take-out was inferior.

                  “This is Liberty Hall; you can spit on the mat and call the cat a bastard!”
                  – A. Bertram Chandler

                  saoS 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • saoS Offline
                    sao @Gashlycrumb
                    last edited by

                    @Gashlycrumb their potato wedges travel pretty well in my experience!

                    let it be a challenge to you

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • PavelP Online
                      Pavel
                      last edited by

                      I don’t know if this is entirely an RL peeve, since it has crossover, but I just saw a question on r/AskHistorians that frames MUing as something that happened in the Distant Past. Things I have personally done shouldn’t exist in the same conversational context as Alexander the fucking Generally Alright.

                      He/Him. Opinions and views are solely my own unless specifically stated otherwise.

                      @Faraday said:

                      Pavel is probably right

                      AriaA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
                      • AriaA Offline
                        Aria @Pavel
                        last edited by

                        @Pavel said:

                        I don’t know if this is entirely an RL peeve, since it has crossover, but I just saw a question on r/AskHistorians that frames MUing as something that happened in the Distant Past. Things I have personally done shouldn’t exist in the same conversational context as Alexander the fucking Generally Alright.

                        “In the late 1900s…”

                        I’m not going to slap you, but I am going to think about it with great relish.

                        PavelP 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                        • PavelP Online
                          Pavel @Aria
                          last edited by

                          @Aria Can’t slap them, I’ve got this tricky shoulder y’see…

                          He/Him. Opinions and views are solely my own unless specifically stated otherwise.

                          @Faraday said:

                          Pavel is probably right

                          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                          Register Login
                          • First post
                            Last post