@Popes said in Re: Dies Irae:
@catzilla
The tl’dr is that my PC, the burn out gifted kid pure breed 5 shadow lord philodox was tasked to sit in on a meeting between a packmate ahroun black fury, and the douchebag, newly fostern shadow lord philodox regarding a black fury PC cub’s education. It went about as well as one could expect. (Poorly. There was some player drama from elsewhere involved. (I love my packmates from that game, the shit that player said is all of it lies and slander and I see them on this board. You fucking know who you are.)
So I put the +job in reporting, and Scylla demanded a scene over it with all of the parties save the cub. So we went, and this guy would not fucking sit down, demanding ‘due respect’ as a fostern from a bunch of cliath. Which, to those who don’t know, is basically the college freshman telling the high school seniors to shut up and do what he says. It doesn’t work like Scylla and that fuckwad think it does. Until someone’s ass gets beat, but that’s Werewolf.
The scene went, then we started talking and, like, trying to have a productive conversation with Scylla about, you know, how Werewolf works and why we think she adjudicated incorrectly. I put my whole ass on the line, having played an Elder Philodox in a goddamn NATIONAL LARP ORG, and never losing my seat, which means I know I was doing something right because my sheet was total ass. Things got a little heated, and I just was like ‘Fuck this. You have more interest in sucking the male PC’s dick rather than listening to sense from three female PCs’ in more polite terms, then logged off and never logged in again.
Also, her ideas about how Pure Breed worked were really eugenicist and creepy in hindsight.
Dear gods.
Your PC might have been a burn out gifted kid, but your pack really weren’t in the right when it came to this particular discussion. There was player drama, sure …between some players who were convinced of what was truly a mistaken identity, and someone who hadn’t the first idea what they’d done to upset you all so much.
Without any actual evidence at all to back you up, your pack seemed to assume that one player was actually someone else, assumed the absolute worst of everything their character said and did, and actively tried to drive them off a game.
As for how rank and renown work, well, every game is different and every game’s culture is different. Sometimes it’s a college freshman telling the high school senior to shut up and sit down, but that’s rare; more often in my experience it’s a sergeant telling a private to shut up and sit down. And if the united sphere staff are saying it works like this on this game, it works like this on this game.
I don’t know about what conversations you had with Scylla, but if you’d started a conversation about how I wasn’t doing Werewolf right in my own sphere I might just be a little annoyed with you, especially after your group tried to drive someone else off the game over stuff that happened elsewhere on a game where they didn’t even have a character.
Sure, you played an Elder Philodox in a national LARP game. That and five bucks will buy me a coffee. MUs do not generally work like national LARP games. MUs don’t have to work like national LARP games. MUs usually don’t work like each other, never mind anything else. A MU’s culture is built in its first few open weeks, on the base that staff sets and regulates, and that’s how it works. Everyone takes a little while to figure out what this particular iteration does, what staff’s take on the sphere is, and runs with it. DI’s Garou sphere was much closer to the standard baseline than, say, Liberation’s. Liberation’s is just flat-out weird as far as that goes, which kept tripping some of your packmates up. Liberation’s isn’t a bad take, just weird, and not really applicable elsewhere.
As for Pure Breed - well. All I can say is that if you didn’t think it was creepy and eugenicist already, you were missing how Pure Breed is written. It’s creepy and eugenicist as fuck, and there’s not really any way to unpick that.
I’m not going to talk about Scylla; I wasn’t where she’s been accused of shit, I don’t know. But this corner? This corner I do know.