Brand MU Day
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    RL Peeves

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved No Escape from Reality
    1.0k Posts 89 Posters 491.0k Views 5 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • P Offline
      Pyrephox Administrators @junipersky
      last edited by

      @junipersky Absolutely.

      There’s a lot I could say about industrialization as an epistemological framework and how it doesn’t always do education and human welfare justice. But this is not the place for it!

      Just, I absolutely understand your frustration and share it.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
      • GashlycrumbG Online
        Gashlycrumb @Pavel
        last edited by

        @Pavel I getcha there.

        But if the client is lying to you, you can’t really help them explore reality. And that’s not your fault. And one thing abusers often do is present things with the roles reversed so they’re the victim who needs validation. (My ex succeeded in doing with his therapist, and with a significant portion of my friends’ group. He soon began to abuse them, so they all went, “Oh shit, G was right,” and dropped him hard, but years later some of those friends are still ashamed and uncomfortable and this is sad to me because it wasn’t their damn fault.)

        I think for therapists it’s kinda like that thing where opiate addicts try to sue doctors who prescribed for them based on their lies about pain. The doctors turn around and sue them for fraud. (This is why, in more recent years, those transphobes who think it’s a gotcha to ‘prove’ that gender-affirming care is over/wrongly prescribed by lying about their gender to a doctor and getting a script, as if not having magical truth-detecting powers is malpractice, have just written dumb articles about their fraud where they don’t mention their informed consent form, and not gone to court.)

        “This is Liberty Hall; you can spit on the mat and call the cat a bastard!”
        – A. Bertram Chandler

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
        • KestrelK Offline
          Kestrel
          last edited by

          Most of my peeves these days are AI related, here’s another one:

          I hate that I’ve stopped using em-dashes even when they’re objectively the best punctuation choice in a sentence, and that I’ve mindfully changed my intuitive writing style, in order to avoid being interpreted as AI.

          FaradayF 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 5
          • FaradayF Offline
            Faraday @Kestrel
            last edited by

            @Kestrel I hate that people assume that too. But you can have my em-dashes when you pry them from my cold, dead, fingers. Along with my “it’s not this, it’s that” comparisons, and my sentence parallelism, and my triplets.

            I’m not Kenyan, but otherwise this is apt: I’m Kenyan. I Don’t Write Like ChatGPT. ChatGPT Writes Like Me.

            PavelP 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
            • PavelP Offline
              Pavel @Faraday
              last edited by

              @Faraday Amen. It’s getting weird in my practice, too, when empathetic statements and self-accountability start to sound like AI-level sycophancy.

              “That must feel frustrating” or “I can see how that would be intolerable” or even “I think I remember you mentioning this before” have started to ping AI hypersensitivity.

              He/Him. Opinions and views are solely my own unless specifically stated otherwise.

              @Faraday said:

              Pavel is probably right

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
              • GashlycrumbG Online
                Gashlycrumb
                last edited by

                https://cowboystatedaily.com/2026/08/20/nevada-social-media-influencer-vows-to-kill-famous-yellowstone-wolf-in-wyoming/

                Anybody want to travel to Wyoming with me to punch this “Kyri Ranch” fucker in the face?

                “This is Liberty Hall; you can spit on the mat and call the cat a bastard!”
                – A. Bertram Chandler

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                • juniperskyJ Offline
                  junipersky Administrators
                  last edited by

                  Yes, absolutely, celebrate we hit 92.5% on the performance framework (the rest of the district is 64% or below).

                  And in the same breath tell us to stop doing everything we were doing. Yup. That makes sense.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 5
                  • GashlycrumbG Online
                    Gashlycrumb
                    last edited by Gashlycrumb

                    When I was a little kid I totally wanted to jump into cars through their windows like The Dukes of Hazzard. Forty-five years later my driver’s side door lock is jammed so the door won’t open and I don’t like it.

                    “This is Liberty Hall; you can spit on the mat and call the cat a bastard!”
                    – A. Bertram Chandler

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 5
                    • GashlycrumbG Online
                      Gashlycrumb
                      last edited by

                      The excessive use of initialisms.

                      I read a whinge about take-out from BWW. I thought, “A big weird woman brought you food and you complain?”

                      “This is Liberty Hall; you can spit on the mat and call the cat a bastard!”
                      – A. Bertram Chandler

                      RozR O 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 1
                      • RozR Offline
                        Roz @Gashlycrumb
                        last edited by

                        @Gashlycrumb don’t be ridiculous, they obviously got dinner from the theatre news site and forum BroadwayWorld

                        she/her | playlist

                        GashlycrumbG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                        • GashlycrumbG Online
                          Gashlycrumb @Roz
                          last edited by

                          @Roz Years ago I was befuddled that conservatives kept calling the Bureau of Land Management a terrorist organisation. It’s some sort of cognitive flaw.

                          The absolute best was that in the late '90’s neonazi skinheads started getting D.O.C. tattoos like in ‘American History X’ and I think, no, not ‘Department of Corrections’, no, I think DOC stands for ‘Day Old Chick.’

                          “This is Liberty Hall; you can spit on the mat and call the cat a bastard!”
                          – A. Bertram Chandler

                          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                          • juniperskyJ Offline
                            junipersky Administrators
                            last edited by

                            JUST TAKE YOUR GOD DAMN MEDICINE CHILD!!

                            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                            • O Offline
                              Ominous @Gashlycrumb
                              last edited by

                              @Gashlycrumb said:

                              The excessive use of initialisms.

                              I read a whinge about take-out from BWW. I thought, “A big weird woman brought you food and you complain?”

                              I assume that’s short for Buffalo Wild Wings? Weird. In college and well after college I only heard it refered to as BW3’s, because it’s original name was Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck.

                              Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

                              GashlycrumbG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                              • GashlycrumbG Online
                                Gashlycrumb @Ominous
                                last edited by

                                @Ominous Yep. Evidently their take-out was inferior.

                                “This is Liberty Hall; you can spit on the mat and call the cat a bastard!”
                                – A. Bertram Chandler

                                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                Register Login
                                • First post
                                  Last post