Brand MU Day
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Arx

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Game Gab
    183 Posts 38 Posters 16.6k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • D Offline
      dvoraen @Ominous
      last edited by

      @Ominous I just want to know what this references, because I am having a complete brainfart.

      O 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
      • O Offline
        Ominous @dvoraen
        last edited by

        @dvoraen Baron Afanas from the What We Do in the Shadows series.

        Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
        • H Offline
          howyadoin
          last edited by

          https://play.arxgame.org/ —> 502 error

          R.I.P. OG Arx!

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
          • AposA Offline
            Apos
            last edited by

            That was actually just a linode restart. Leaving it up probably until we launch, mostly because it’s convenient as I double check very very niche bits of lore for consistency.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
            • JennkrystJ Offline
              Jennkryst @Apos
              last edited by

              @Apos said:

              Might notice I have not mentioned any half-species, and that gets into a much deeper lore topic deserving of its own pace.

              Monster-Fucker Faction confirmed.

              @MisterBoring said:

              archaeologist type character

              *Arxaeologist

              Mummy Pun? MUMMY PUN!
              She/her

              AposA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
              • AposA Offline
                Apos @Jennkryst
                last edited by

                @Jennkryst said:

                @Apos said:

                Might notice I have not mentioned any half-species, and that gets into a much deeper lore topic deserving of its own pace.

                Monster-Fucker Faction confirmed.

                0dc270a6-ceb0-40a6-84de-f979479bb685-image.jpeg

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
                • J Offline
                  Juniper
                  last edited by

                  Maybe I am interested after all

                  flared base

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                  • DeviantD Offline
                    Deviant
                    last edited by

                    So, I wasn’t around for the original Arx run. Would someone kindly care to share a short, elevator-pitch style summary of what this game was about? There’s a lot of snippets and anecdotes but I’m having trouble getting a big-picture view.

                    Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.

                    AposA JennkrystJ 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • AposA Offline
                      Apos @Deviant
                      last edited by

                      @Deviant said:

                      So, I wasn’t around for the original Arx run. Would someone kindly care to share a short, elevator-pitch style summary of what this game was about? There’s a lot of snippets and anecdotes but I’m having trouble getting a big-picture view.

                      From my perspective, it was about a medieval world that had written off the supernatural and magic as superstition, then slowly starting to realize that they were made to forget its existence because of dark forces. Confronting and defeating those forces was the game-long arc, with the game’s finale ending with magic’s return.

                      So because of that arc, the second iteration of Arx will be a very different game.

                      PavelP 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • PavelP Offline
                        Pavel @Apos
                        last edited by

                        @Apos And there was a really high (or seemingly high) involvement in FASHION throughout all of this.

                        He/Him. Opinions and views are solely my own unless specifically stated otherwise.

                        @Faraday said:

                        Pavel is probably right

                        tenT 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                        • kalakhK Offline
                          kalakh
                          last edited by

                          I would add that it also had a theme of heroes/villains coming into their own, which is hardly unique to Arx, but because of where the game started, and where it ended, the events leading up to the final battle/final battle/epilogue were also the ones where the PCs became the shapers of the future, supplanting or defeating the last of the old (old old) guard that had largely become stagnating forces on the world.

                          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                          • JennkrystJ Offline
                            Jennkryst @Deviant
                            last edited by

                            @Deviant said:

                            short, elevator-pitch style summary of what this game was about

                            So many minigames, you dont even know.

                            Mummy Pun? MUMMY PUN!
                            She/her

                            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                            • tenT Offline
                              ten @Pavel
                              last edited by

                              literally one of my favorite things was reading what everyone was wearing.

                              they | them

                              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                              • ToriT Offline
                                Tori
                                last edited by

                                I just wanna make magic swords (and daggers and hairpins, oh my)

                                she/her, them/they - not super particular

                                I have been here the whole time

                                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2

                                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                Register Login
                                • First post
                                  Last post