Brand MU Day
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Haven

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Rough and Rowdy
    50 Posts 24 Posters 1.7k Views 3 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • YamY Offline
      Yam @bear_necessities
      last edited by

      @bear_necessities Are you really going to try to bonk Jumpscare on the head for giving us this incredible information?

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
      • YamY Offline
        Yam @Jumpscare
        last edited by

        @Jumpscare said:

        There were also point gains for female characters putting on makeup, point losses for females eating too fast, and point losses to male characters for “banging an uggo.”

        AAAAAAAAAA

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
        • RozR Online
          Roz @bear_necessities
          last edited by

          @bear_necessities said:

          If you log into a game and there’s people trying to rape your character immediately upon chargen why did you continue playing there?

          i mean, it was stated pretty clearly on the post?

          @Jumpscare said:

          I knew of all the horrible stuff that went on in Haven, so my quest was to study it to ensure nothing of that sort could happen in Silent Heaven.

          @Jumpscare said:

          So I went into Haven with the intention of taking notes.

          she/her | playlist

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 11
          • P Offline
            Pyrephox Administrators @bear_necessities
            last edited by

            @bear_necessities It’s very easy to have fun on a game where things you’d find disgusting are happening, when they’re not happening to you. I played on Shang, a game filled with fetishes that gross me out, for years, and did so pretty happily, despite the presence of various dickwads (figurative and sometimes distressingly literal).

            In fact, speaking of finding useful games in a game with things I don’t like, I often refer to Shang’s kinks system as a decent structure for RP Prefs if you want to get coded and granular with them.

            Play where you want, let other people play where THEY want, and get what they want out of the experience.

            bear_necessitiesB DrQuinnD 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 6
            • bear_necessitiesB Offline
              bear_necessities @Pyrephox
              last edited by

              Yeah so, was not bonking Jumpecare over the head. Sorry if it came off that way.

              I’m pretty distressed over the child rape RP part of this whole thing.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • DrQuinnD Offline
                DrQuinn @Pyrephox
                last edited by

                @Pyrephox said:

                Play where you want, let other people play where THEY want, and get what they want out of the experience.

                I feel like we should all agree to draw the line on games that have child rape in them though. Like I definitely do not want anyone getting what they want out of that experience. Ever.

                P 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 6
                • P Offline
                  Pyrephox Administrators @DrQuinn
                  last edited by

                  @DrQuinn If an actual, real child is being actually assaulted via the mechanisms of the game, absolutely. (Note, I recognize that this is possible and happens and should absolutely be stopped, whether it’s passing CSAM or grooming underaged players, etc.)

                  But if we’re talking about consenting adults typing words then there are no children involved. If they play necrophilia, there are no corpses involved. Bestiality? No animals involved. Noncon of any type or flavor? No nonconsenting people involved.

                  In which case, what penalties do you wish the gaming community to inflict on the consenting adults typing the fictional words at each other? Or an entire game that allows such words to be typed at consenting adults?

                  DrQuinnD 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
                  • DrQuinnD Offline
                    DrQuinn @Pyrephox
                    last edited by

                    @Pyrephox Yikes.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                    • KestrelK Offline
                      Kestrel
                      last edited by

                      @Pyrephox said:
                      But if we’re talking about consenting adults typing words then there are no children involved. If they play necrophilia, there are no corpses involved. Bestiality? No animals involved. Noncon of any type or flavor? No nonconsenting people involved.

                      I wouldn’t let anyone near my dog if I had reason to suspect they jerk off to the thought of fucking dogs.

                      People may pretend they believe that what people get off to says absolutely nothing of import about their personality structure, and that saying otherwise is tantamount to bigotry; but the range of sneering disgust to morbid fascination in this very thread proves that on some instinctive subconscious level, everyone knows this is false.

                      TezT 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • TezT Offline
                        Tez @Kestrel
                        last edited by

                        @Kestrel said:

                        @Pyrephox said:
                        But if we’re talking about consenting adults typing words then there are no children involved. If they play necrophilia, there are no corpses involved. Bestiality? No animals involved. Noncon of any type or flavor? No nonconsenting people involved.

                        I wouldn’t let anyone near my dog if I had reason to suspect they jerk off to the thought of fucking dogs.

                        People may pretend they believe that what people get off to says absolutely nothing of import about their personality structure, and that saying otherwise is tantamount to bigotry; but the range of sneering disgust to morbid fascination in this very thread proves that on some instinctive subconscious level, everyone knows this is false.

                        Yikes.

                        she/they

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
                        • RozR Online
                          Roz
                          last edited by

                          this is getting wildly over the paygrade of a MU hobby forum but i’ll just say that it’s real common for people to get titillated by taboo in fictional format that has literally zero presence in their real life attractions. because the human brain is fucking weird. oftentimes the taboo is doing all the heavy lifting.

                          she/her | playlist

                          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 8
                          • YamY Offline
                            Yam
                            last edited by

                            I thought we were just dunking on the people that coded a system where you lose attractiveness points if you EAT TOO FAST and lose points for fucking someone unattractive but it’s ONLY IF THEY ARE A WOMENS. That’s fuckin’ nuts!! Here we are as a community dunking on it!! WHAT THE HECK

                            bear_necessitiesB KestrelK 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 8
                            • bear_necessitiesB Offline
                              bear_necessities @Yam
                              last edited by

                              @Yam personally I think the uggo thing is the least problematic part of Haven when people are RPing 12 year olds getting tentacle trained but idk man

                              YamY 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                              • YamY Offline
                                Yam @bear_necessities
                                last edited by

                                @bear_necessities That sucks too! It all sux! BOO HAVEN

                                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                • KestrelK Offline
                                  Kestrel @Yam
                                  last edited by Kestrel

                                  @Yam said:

                                  I thought we were just dunking on the people that coded a system where you lose attractiveness points if you EAT TOO FAST and lose points for fucking someone unattractive but it’s ONLY IF THEY ARE A WOMENS. That’s fuckin’ nuts!! Here we are as a community dunking on it!! WHAT THE HECK

                                  So like I’m confused, why does all this suck then?

                                  What if I’m a guy and my kink is subby chicks who wanna be slut-shamed and told to wear make-up and heels or they’re not attractive. And if they’re not attractive I can’t be seen banging them because then I’d be seen as less attractive for having banged an uggo.

                                  What if my five gfs are into that, who are you to tell us that sucks? Everyone consents! I mean maybe they’re desperate for the validation they derive from this game and the attention of its limited mens, and they know that if they say they don’t like it they’ll be told they aren’t cool and are annoying. And maybe I’m friends with staff, so they worry they’ll be excluded from story if they aren’t part of my inner circle. But so what! Still, they consent!

                                  And if none of that makes you uncomfortable to think about then so be it, you’re ideologically consistent in also being a free speech absolutist who sees kinkshaming as tantamout to bigotry.

                                  But if it does make you uncomfortable, then own up to the fact that you do not genuinely think that what two (or in this example six) adults type to each other on the internet to get off is, in fact, totally meaningless and harmless so long as the magic spell of “consent” was cast.

                                  YamY JumpscareJ 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                  • YamY Offline
                                    Yam @Kestrel
                                    last edited by

                                    @Kestrel I was honestly just trying to make a thread and hear about what kind of game Haven was. It sounds bananas. I think that the shit that Jumpscare described is absolutely bonkers. I hope I made that clear! I thought it was so absurd that it didn’t need clarification, but I realize that things have gotten a bit muddied.

                                    I don’t agree with some of the folk in this thread. Pure kink games kind of stick out like a sore thumb in this forum, and it feels like Haven was a pure kink game.

                                    To be crystal clear, it’s fucked up. The SA button is fucked up, the coded sexism, anything with kids, christ, apparently that was also against the rules at Haven? I’m not sure, I didn’t look too hard at that thread. I think even Shang doesn’t allow the underage stuff? So it seems we as a community decide it was a no-go!

                                    It’s fucked and it sucks! I can’t speak for anyone else. Genuinely sorry if I wasn’t clear.

                                    ClarionC 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 5
                                    • KestrelK Offline
                                      Kestrel
                                      last edited by

                                      Purely for clarification, paedophilia RP was not against Haven’s rules, as set out by Tyr and largely enforced by Discordance.

                                      Daed, as story staff, largely did not have the authority to enforce rules, nor to act against players who irked his personal distaste. His job was just orchestrating the game’s overarching metaplot.

                                      When he PK’d a character played by Tykune, whom he caught engaging in paedophilia RP, that was actually not within the technical scope of what he ought to have been doing as story staff. In the most technical sense, arguably that was an abuse of staff power. It’s just that literally no one was mad about it, except I guess for Tykune, who still crashes out about it on Reddit every so often. Also about being denied the right to play an anthropomorphic bunny rabbit by Legend of the Jedi’s staff, but that’s a whole other story.

                                      I think I probably hold some sort of record for most forum-banned/channel-muted Haven player so it probably goes without saying that I don’t give a flying fuck about whether Daed was allowed to do that or not per Haven’s largely unwritten, vibes-based rules, and I’m not saying any of this to shame him, because I don’t think he was in the wrong.

                                      But it’s probably a good example of how Wild West Haven’s community management style is, with no actual bannings or rules, just the unspoken expectations that players/staff will bully each other in a prolonged war of attrition if anyone does anything widely regarded as objectionable. Which doesn’t mean objectionable stuff didn’t happen. But if anyone is under the impression that Haven’s playerbase was largely fine with or involved in that stuff, that would be demonstrably incorrect. I guess it would be analogous to saying anyone still on Twitter is a Nazi paedophile because of Grok. I mean, I’m not on Twitter, I think Twitter sucks and we should boycott it, but a relative of mine is an incredibly unopinionated STEM professor who mostly just uses it to post links to recent studies and congratulate his students on their accomplishments.

                                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                      • JumpscareJ Offline
                                        Jumpscare @Kestrel
                                        last edited by

                                        @Kestrel said:

                                        What if my five gfs are into that, who are you to tell us that sucks? Everyone consents!

                                        Nobody consented to the hidden sexist game mechanics that apply to every character universally.

                                        Game-runner of Silent Heaven, a small-town horror MU.
                                        https://silentheaven.org

                                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 6
                                        • TrashcanT Offline
                                          Trashcan
                                          last edited by Trashcan

                                          I’m reluctant to make this post but I can’t not make this post.

                                          It reads to me that, in the interest of avoiding kink-shaming, some suggestions have been made in this thread about how to approach determining whether something is okay to write about and that the line should be set where “the authors are consenting adults” and “no actual X are involved.”

                                          I don’t agree. “No actual X are involved” allows any sort of activity to be written about and as long as it’s somebody’s kink this is meant to be okay. It frees me to open Auschwitz MU, so long as no actual Jews are involved. I strongly hold that there is a line where something being a kink does not excuse engaging with that topic unequivocally, where it should not be shielded from society condemning engaging with that topic, and that “no actual X involved” is a terrible test for drawing that line.

                                          I agree that kink-shaming in most cases is bad. However, if your priors could lead you to write things like “no actual children are involved in AI-generated or artist-rendered CSAM, so what is the harm?” you need to reexamine your priors.

                                          he/him
                                          this machine kills fascists

                                          saoS JennkrystJ 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 12
                                          • saoS Offline
                                            sao @Trashcan
                                            last edited by

                                            @Trashcan i kind of agree with you but going to the Aushwitz place during the week between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur is a flag on the play.

                                            let it be a challenge to you

                                            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • First post
                                              Last post