Brand MU Day
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. catzilla
    3. Posts
    catzillaC Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 10
    • Posts 234
    • Groups 1

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Liberation Drama!?

      Tossing my two cents…

      If the main staff dislike/hate/etc. they should just say it instead of ignoring said person in hopes they go away.

      “Hi so&so, thank you for your interest but you and this game/staff/etc don’t vibe. We hope you find your game in the future. Here’s the door. Bye.”

      That literally took 5 seconds to write.

      I agree staffing isn’t a job. I’ve always seen it more like having an open house of sorts. If there was someone in your open house that clashed with you for whatever reason, you wouldn’t just ignore them, you’d ask them to leave and if they refused you’d show them the door (banning). 🤷

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      catzillaC
      catzilla
    • RE: Paroxysm - split off

      “nobody is asking questions about my game!”

      multiple questions about rape/SA/etc policies in game gone unanswered here and elsewheres

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      catzillaC
      catzilla
    • RE: The SA In Games Thread (Good Luck)

      Maybe I’m being too pearl clutch-y, but I don’t want SA in my games (for the most part). If it’s part of someone’s background or whatever, fine. I don’t want my PCs involved with it, I don’t want it being something the STs can do to PCs.

      ETA because hellfrog’s post, CNC is fine because it’s two consenting adults. However, again I might be clutching my pearls too tightly but I don’t want that in my online games that aren’t specifically sex games or games where dealing with that sort of trauma is a theme.

      It does pose the slippery slope thing. Again, I know how conservative talking point that sounds. There was literally someone in one of the linked reddit posts in the Haven thread talking about pedophilia being okay on a game because it’s two consenting adults behind the screen.

      I dunno. I just want to play a werewolf chasing spirits (or whatever fantasy/etc game it is) and not have to worry about other PCs/NPC/STs SAing my character. 🤷

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      catzillaC
      catzilla
    • Children NPCs, yay or nay?

      I believe the overall agreement is no minor PCs in games.

      But what about children NPCs? Either your character’s own kids, creepy Shining kids villains, or whatever.

      Do you think they should be in games? Or all children should be only mentioned at most and kept off screen?

      ETA this is not for your kids on bikes game with your friends at your weekly IRL game, online games only.

      posted in Game Gab
      catzillaC
      catzilla
    • RE: AI In Poses

      @Yam said:

      “you can use a lil to tidy your grammar :)”

      I’d rather RP with a person with the worst speller/grammar than AI.

      I still think about a person I played with 10-15 years ago who had terrible spelling and odd grammar sometimes but they drove plot and were fun to RP with.

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      catzillaC
      catzilla
    • RE: MU Peeves Thread

      catzilla said:

      @ham said in MU Peeves Thread:

      I’m very sure this has been posted here before, but it has come up again in my RP life and it continues to frustrate me.

      If someone is setting a scene for you, YOU then need to engage THEM. Don’t pose yourself doing your own thing and make them basically set twice. DEFINITELY don’t pose AVOIDING them and make them chase you.

      It’s obnoxious.

      I always ask people ‘do you want to set or you want me to set?’

      So when they tell me to set, and I do, then they do their OWN set…

      a close up of a cartoon character 's fist with a tattoo on it .

      I’ve started responding to this by continuing to pose by myself until they do their part on the scene. I’ve gone through a handful of scenes now where I’ll set, roam around, then leave because they refuse to do anything. It’s interesting!

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      catzillaC
      catzilla
    • RE: MU Peeves Thread

      @howyadoin said in MU Peeves Thread:

      Yeah.

      Let’s not lie OOC in order to convince people to fuck us IC.

      Okay?

      I totally agree! But now am curious what sort of OOC lies this inspired? Maybe not necessarily the situation but like… people saying ‘hey I’m interested in this relationship with our PCs, I promise no drama!’ or…?

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      catzillaC
      catzilla
    • RE: Age Verification & Games

      @Ominous On the forum PBP and Discord game side of the RP world, I see a lot of 21-25+ minimum age.

      posted in Game Gab
      catzillaC
      catzilla
    • RE: Age Verification & Games

      @Faraday said in Age Verification & Games:

      @Juniper said in Age Verification & Games:

      TBH I’m not worried about minors infesting my spaces because they’re not interested in the level of effort that is required to get invested in this stuff

      I don’t think that’s true at all. My oldest plays on discord with a bunch of other teens. They are aware of MUSHing; have helped me playtest a few things on Ares. They write fanfiction. My youngest likes Dwarf Fortress and clunky RPGs grafted onto Starcraft, neither of which is that far afield from MUDs.

      Agreed. Saying NO kids/teens are interested in MUSHing (or insert other old school thing here) because it’s old/outdated is like saying no kids/teens were interested in D&D in the early 2000s because it was old/outdated back then.

      Plenty of minors and young adults like old school things. Are they the majority? Certainly not, but they’re out there. 🤷

      posted in Game Gab
      catzillaC
      catzilla
    • RE: Staff Bits Linking Handles

      @hellfrog The people who truly do change aren’t going around saying ‘hey, I was SOECentipede from Hello Kitty MU! I used to be terrible but now I’m great!’

      instead they have probably either left the hobby like Pavel said or are truly such a changed person that they keep their head down, RP, have fun, and maybe make a friend or two like the rest of us.

      posted in Game Gab
      catzillaC
      catzilla
    • RE: Staff Bits Linking Handles

      @Faraday This is good to know! I’ll definitely look into it next time I try build a game.

      I do enjoy all the features of Ares but that COFD plug-in got me so confused and I eventually gave up lol.

      posted in Game Gab
      catzillaC
      catzilla
    • RE: Staff Bits Linking Handles

      Staff shouldn’t necessarily have their ‘player’ Ares handle connected to a game they’re running. Maybe they don’t want their haters/creepers/etc. knowing that they’re running the Hello Kitty game. However, I do think if they create a new handle for their game, they link THAT handle to whatever PCs they are playing on their game.

      People don’t necessarily need to know that Player Catzilla is running Hello Kitty Island but they should know that Staff Bit Dogzilla is linked to PCs Joe Bob and Susie Q.

      posted in Game Gab
      catzillaC
      catzilla
    • RE: Neon Protocol

      @KarmaBum said in Neon Protocol:

      @catzilla said in Neon Protocol:

      I didn’t see this before posting. Now I’m 99% sure it’s her.

      I’m almost positive it’s not the same person.

      I can certainly believe that as well. Like I originally said, there’s plenty of crazies out there.

      ETA For those of us not in the know who is Haruki and what is The Becoming and are they related at all.

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      catzillaC
      catzilla
    • RE: Neon Protocol

      Double post

      I just checked out the Roster list. Out of the 14 PCs available, only 5 are female and one of those 5 is an old woman that is sure not to be a threat to any potential quest to collect all the peen on the game.

      🤔

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      catzillaC
      catzilla
    • RE: Neon Protocol

      There’s so many crazies out there but this feels very jujube/inuki/chokitypok coded to me.

      Just saying.

      ETA

      @helvetica said in Neon Protocol:

      @bear_necessities baking in romantic threads between staff alt and roster, and centralizing staff alt to plot, is reminiscent of that Neitherlands admin

      I didn’t see this before posting. Now I’m 99% sure it’s her.

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      catzillaC
      catzilla
    • RE: Neon Protocol

      @MisterBoring said in MU Peeves Thread:

      @bear_necessities said in MU Peeves Thread:

      IDK how to explain it better, I just feel like staff should be upfront about who their PCs are.

      I agree with this. I also believe that staff should not include their PCs in the scenes they are running. In my experience it often leads to Mary Sue / Gary Stu behavior.

      At the VERY MOST, I could see them using their PC like, ‘hey I found this spooky rock, can you guys go investigate it?’

      But then again, a NPC could do that as well.

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      catzillaC
      catzilla
    • RE: MU Peeves Thread

      @Jumpscare said in MU Peeves Thread:

      @hellfrog said in MU Peeves Thread:

      @Yam said in MU Peeves Thread:

      Peeve, the (bad) public chat comedian. Everything is a fumbled attempt at a joke and a convo killer. We are nothing but a captive audience to them, and they refuse to engage with players in any way that doesn’t center around them.

      If you’re gonna’ go up there with a mic at least be funny, aaaaa.

      what’s the deal with airplane food amirite

      Said during a funeral scene

      a teddy bear is singing into a microphone while wearing a tie .

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      catzillaC
      catzilla
    • RE: MU Peeves Thread

      @ham said in MU Peeves Thread:

      I’m very sure this has been posted here before, but it has come up again in my RP life and it continues to frustrate me.

      If someone is setting a scene for you, YOU then need to engage THEM. Don’t pose yourself doing your own thing and make them basically set twice. DEFINITELY don’t pose AVOIDING them and make them chase you.

      It’s obnoxious.

      I always ask people ‘do you want to set or you want me to set?’

      So when they tell me to set, and I do, then they do their OWN set…

      a close up of a cartoon character 's fist with a tattoo on it .

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      catzillaC
      catzilla
    • RE: MU Peeves Thread

      I agree that there shouldn’t be any limits and I never understood why staff are against it.

      Whatever the PCs can, NPCs can do better. 🤷 Bring out that near endgame monster/villain/situation you weren’t sure you’d get to use if the players get too ‘powerful’.

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      catzillaC
      catzilla
    • RE: What's up with the two Age of Heroes games?

      @Rucket said in What's up with the two Age of Heroes games?:

      I havent checked on this thread in like a week but I just want to say that I believe @Prototart 💯. I had very much similar experiences or had friends have those experiences with everyone involved.
      I think I mostly avoided comic games after that but Covid was like 50 years ago and time blends together.

      It’s fine though because Chaucer is totally a cool guy now.

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      catzillaC
      catzilla