Brand MU Day
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. somasatori
    3. Posts
    somasatoriS Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 1
    • Followers 2
    • Topics 12
    • Posts 416
    • Groups 1

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Tag Team: Tez Out; Jumpscare In

      Thanks for all of your work, Tez!

      posted in Comments & Feedback
      somasatoriS
      somasatori
    • RE: Deep Shadows MUSH - Closed Beta

      @Kassien said:

      89fc8d46-bb46-46ba-83c2-eea904e0d8f4-image.jpeg

      Introducing our Matrix mapping…

      That looks sweet. Are you using matplotlib?

      posted in Game Ads
      somasatoriS
      somasatori
    • RE: Paroxysm - split off

      @Shygaming said:
      Remember: a citizen with nothing to hide has nothing to redact.

      Your diligence has been noted, Loyal Citizen.

      I get what you’re saying. However, given that there are bad actors who have attempted to masquerade as other people in this hobby for years, and who will often use the same language about privacy to justify said masquerade, I think one is liable to be a bit suspicious, no? Fool me once and all that.

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      somasatoriS
      somasatori
    • RE: Paroxysm - split off

      I dunno man. I feel like that whole “people deserve second chances/people deserve not to be burdened with who they were in the past” lingo in the year of our lord 2026 is absolutely a smokescreen for shady and shitty behavior. I personally agree that people sometimes deserve second chances and shouldn’t be associated with past actions so long as they own up to those actions and seek to effectively make amends for said actions as best they can. Often when people use the kind of language that they’re uncomfortable mentioning who they were, my immediate assumption is a) they did something awful or abusive; b) they have not addressed it; and c) they have no interest in addressing it.

      Obviously some people have a personal safety reason for not mentioning who they were, but I feel like that’s an easy enough thing to say without weasel words around “digital footprints.” Maybe just me tho. I wasn’t on Haven and therefore have no dog in this here race.

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      somasatoriS
      somasatori
    • RE: Liberation Drama!?

      I wouldn’t say that, at the point when Siren & co. took over for Sundance*, they would be able to “drive the game into the ground.” If Liberation were an airplane, then it’s been taxiing to the terminal for at least two years now, if not more.

      * who is on a hiatus that she, herself, has mentioned more than a couple times

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      somasatoriS
      somasatori
    • RE: FAT BEAR WEEK 2026

      This is why I come back

      posted in No Escape from Reality
      somasatoriS
      somasatori
    • RE: MU Peeves Thread

      @Prototart said in MU Peeves Thread:

      @catzilla said in MU Peeves Thread:

      @allthecookies said in MU Peeves Thread:

      @Coin

      It hurt my brain to see the whole thing go down.

      Story time? 👀

      If it’s what I think it’s about, here is my measured and fair synopsis:

      Guy: “I hate everything about the setting I’m connected to, and I refuse to do anything proactive about it. I remain a fully blank slate and it’s everybody else’s problem, and also fault.”
      Staffer: “jesus christ you can do things for yourself”
      Guy: “You are not a nice person.”
      Other guy: “This is akin to a police shooting.”

      Except it went on for twenty minutes.

      this isn’t very MUSHmaxxing of him.

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      somasatoriS
      somasatori
    • RE: Wikibara’s allegations

      I would say that it’s less about the allegations of antisemitism in general and more about allegations that turn out to be untrue. A lot of (very abusive, shitty) people can point to allegations proven false as evidence of no wrong-doing in the future, which can create a more dangerous space – this was my argument against Wikibara’s inclusion of the link between their application being denied and antisemitism in their original post.

      When I worked in in-patient court-mandated substance abuse recovery, there was a white supremacist guy who told me tales about how he would get fabrications of abuse, which could easily be proven false to create a protective shell. “I don’t abuse my partner, she said I abused her and everyone found out it was bullshit”, which then gave him free rein to kind of abuse whomever. After all, people are lying to discredit his character. I stopped being interested in correctional psych after that, if I’m being honest. Moral injury and all.

      According to my (very uninformed, very amateur) research, this is apparently called a “silver bullet” in the legal field.

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      somasatoriS
      somasatori
    • RE: Celebrities We've Lost 2026 Edition

      Koji Suzuki, a fabulously influential Japanese author. If you’ve watched any of the jhorror movies from the 2000s and 2010s, you are likely familiar with his work.

      posted in No Escape from Reality
      somasatoriS
      somasatori
    • RE: Long or Short? Application Process!

      @MisterBoring said in Long or Short? Application Process!:

      @Babs said in Long or Short? Application Process!:

      Chances are no one will notice.

      This is the exact phrase that lead my best friend to copy pasta a chili recipe into his US History final essay and still somehow get a B on the assignment.

      To be fair: the inverse - copying and pasting a us history essay into a chili recipe - would match most online chili recipes.

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      somasatoriS
      somasatori
    • RE: Stupid Memes

      https://www.youtube.com/shorts/pjzRJstARnE

      posted in No Escape from Reality
      somasatoriS
      somasatori
    • RE: Long or Short? Application Process!

      I tend to write a lot as a general rule, since I (like @MisterBoring) am one of those “write till I’m done” types, so my most recent apps are enormous because I’ve been really interested in the character’s until-now development. That’s just me, though, and it could easily just be a short story I write for myself without forcing anyone to read.

      Anyway, that said, I think the app process should be similar to a mullet: short in the front, long in the back. Shorter app to get in and involved, with the idea that the character’s background info is a kind of living document, to a point, that can be fleshed out by making connections and associations either with other players or with ongoing plots.

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      somasatoriS
      somasatori
    • RE: Numetal/Retromux

      @Jennkryst said in Numetal/Retromux:

      Then there’s my dumb ass, logging into the 16 year old account on Shadowrun Denver to see about unlocking Otaku after a decade-old bit of fuckery.

      To be fair, Jenn, I feel like the act of asking about unplayable/disallowed character types is kind of your version of MUSHing.

      edit: this wasn’t intended to be mean, by the way

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      somasatoriS
      somasatori
    • RE: Numetal/Retromux

      @catzilla said in Numetal/Retromux:

      I have seen you banned from at least a couple games now.

      @Wikibara said in Numetal/Retromux:

      “Couple” games is two

      so,

      @catzilla said in Numetal/Retromux:

      Maybe you should look inward to change the behavior that keeps leading to this result

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      somasatoriS
      somasatori
    • RE: Numetal/Retromux

      @Wikibara said in Numetal/Retromux:

      because there’s otherwise no cause for any person to receive antisemetic messages, ever.

      This is an intentionally misleading and straight up harmful tack to take. Real antisemitic and racist rhetoric happens in spaces that causes people to be unsafe. Conflating what may actually be coincidental as an accusation creates a smokescreen that can cause significant harm to marginalized people.

      I am not being “an apologist” if I prefer that you do not suggest that you received antisemitic hate messages from a group of people with limited authority without any real proof of it outside of, what, coincidence?

      Using another example, if I alleged that a staff member was homophobic against me in the same breath that I was talking about having my application denied because I happened to get a random homophobic message – which does happen – how does that do more than just create further confusion and reduce any other LGBT person’s sense of safety in that space?

      I understand wanting to complain about your app, that’s whatever you want it to be. If I were dick riding about saying that their app process was 100% fair or whatever, I could understand saying that I’m “an apologist” and would completely agree, honestly. It’s the accusation of abusive wrong-doing with real world harm and consequences that deserves to have some modicum of proof that does it for me.

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      somasatoriS
      somasatori
    • RE: Numetal/Retromux

      Apparently nothing is coincidental, so the reason he didn’t move on with his day is because through some chain of logic the staff are out to get him so much that he felt the need to warn everyone about their secret racist harassment police

      Damn bro, you should have gone with this for your fuckin mage app

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      somasatoriS
      somasatori
    • RE: Numetal/Retromux

      I guess that makes sense. Everything, literally everything, is causal after all.

      Personally, I can’t believe I’m getting these staff members sending me really raunchy porn on Discord from unaffiliated accounts after checking out the websites of those Age of Heroes games.

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      somasatoriS
      somasatori
    • RE: Numetal/Retromux

      Polk notoriously crashed the game though

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      somasatoriS
      somasatori
    • RE: What's up with the two Age of Heroes games?

      @Snackness said in What's up with the two Age of Heroes games?:

      They should both change their names to the same thing at the same time.

      MUSH equivalent of trying to wave someone through at a stop sign

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      somasatoriS
      somasatori
    • RE: Non-toxic PvP

      honestly not judging this idea you have, @Pyrephox, but it reminds me of this meme:

      122b233f-9ae0-4944-b96b-0126dd8ded81-image.png

      posted in Game Gab
      somasatoriS
      somasatori