-
So who is the Blood Patriarch, and can he be my boyfriend
You don’t want that. Nobody wants that. Trust.
I actually don’t recall if this got asked (and I have nfc what to look for if the answer exists), but how does it work that <things> got chomped and then the culprit got what happened to them. I mean that in a “does that particular notion have to be refilled by a successor” or is it more “VACANCY: THIS MANY FOLKS” who may or may not have the same “portfolio” so to speak.
So that one I won’t get into, as fun as it would be to talk about it. I’m gonna keep to things that would greet people immediately on the way in or be very clear just from reading things that would be mostly common knowledge to characters, and the metaphysics around things like that and the circumstances could be considerably deeper, and in some cases run into some character secrets.
Fair! I was mostly curious because of some of your AMA answers that hinted at option a (successors) as well as that doozy about not-David Bowie killing a certain somebody who was put in timeout in Eurus.
-
-
Though, I am remiss in not pointing out that he is considered a fantastic lover even though he has no genitals.
-
just came here to say I AM VERY EXCITED FOR THIS AAAAAAAAAASDOFUAOSIUDIOCUASERWER
-
@Ominous I just want to know what this references, because I am having a complete brainfart.
-
@dvoraen Baron Afanas from the What We Do in the Shadows series.
-
https://play.arxgame.org/ —> 502 error
R.I.P. OG Arx!
-
That was actually just a linode restart. Leaving it up probably until we launch, mostly because it’s convenient as I double check very very niche bits of lore for consistency.
-
Might notice I have not mentioned any half-species, and that gets into a much deeper lore topic deserving of its own pace.
Monster-Fucker Faction confirmed.
archaeologist type character
*Arxaeologist
-
Might notice I have not mentioned any half-species, and that gets into a much deeper lore topic deserving of its own pace.
Monster-Fucker Faction confirmed.

-
Maybe I am interested after all
-
So, I wasn’t around for the original Arx run. Would someone kindly care to share a short, elevator-pitch style summary of what this game was about? There’s a lot of snippets and anecdotes but I’m having trouble getting a big-picture view.
-
So, I wasn’t around for the original Arx run. Would someone kindly care to share a short, elevator-pitch style summary of what this game was about? There’s a lot of snippets and anecdotes but I’m having trouble getting a big-picture view.
From my perspective, it was about a medieval world that had written off the supernatural and magic as superstition, then slowly starting to realize that they were made to forget its existence because of dark forces. Confronting and defeating those forces was the game-long arc, with the game’s finale ending with magic’s return.
So because of that arc, the second iteration of Arx will be a very different game.
-
@Apos And there was a really high (or seemingly high) involvement in FASHION throughout all of this.
-
I would add that it also had a theme of heroes/villains coming into their own, which is hardly unique to Arx, but because of where the game started, and where it ended, the events leading up to the final battle/final battle/epilogue were also the ones where the PCs became the shapers of the future, supplanting or defeating the last of the old (old old) guard that had largely become stagnating forces on the world.
-
-
literally one of my favorite things was reading what everyone was wearing.
-
I just wanna make magic swords (and daggers and hairpins, oh my)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login