Real life happy
-
-
@Rucket said in Real life happy:
@Rucket said in Real life happy:
I, uh, have a crazy job interview on Monday. I really can’t believe it but going to prep this weekend and hope Monday goes well!
Quoting my own post to say I had a 2nd one on Thursday and hope to hear something early next week about Interview #3.

-
More of a real life cute, but wanted to share. This is a recent development that now seems to be routine.
Backstory: Our oldest cat has diabetes and has to get injections. Don’t worry, he’s doing fine. Grumpy old man, but his levels are good and he’s moving towards remission. That being said, since he has to get a shot twice a day he gets fed a little away from the other cats and gets some extra cuddles after.
Present Day: One of our youngest cats started to walk up and whine when I was administering the post-shot extra cuddles to Oldest Cat. So I laughed and said, “You only get extra cuddles if you get a shot.” He head donked me and meowed.
Just for fun I took the insulin pen (so solid plastic cap no needle to it) and gave him ‘his shot’. I said “There you go! Good job!” and cuddled him.
Now he comes up every feeding, every injection, and waits his turn patiently for ‘his shot’ and extra cuddles.
-
@SockMonkey said in Real life happy:
More of a real life cute, but wanted to share. This is a recent development that now seems to be routine.
Backstory: Our oldest cat has diabetes and has to get injections. Don’t worry, he’s doing fine. Grumpy old man, but his levels are good and he’s moving towards remission. That being said, since he has to get a shot twice a day he gets fed a little away from the other cats and gets some extra cuddles after.
Present Day: One of our youngest cats started to walk up and whine when I was administering the post-shot extra cuddles to Oldest Cat. So I laughed and said, “You only get extra cuddles if you get a shot.” He head donked me and meowed.
Just for fun I took the insulin pen (so solid plastic cap no needle to it) and gave him ‘his shot’. I said “There you go! Good job!” and cuddled him.
Now he comes up every feeding, every injection, and waits his turn patiently for ‘his shot’ and extra cuddles.
Similar story.
Two friends of mine have an old man cat named Speedbump, which is probably the best name a cat has ever had in the history of ever. Speedbump is also diabetic and is doing very well, to the point that he’s down to one injection a day instead of two.
The problem: Speedbump has been trained so well on his routine that he now comes to my friend at 9PM on the dot for his second injection and the treats that come with it. Friend has tried giving Speedbump the treats without the injection, but he knows he has to wait for the injection and will just sit there, staring longingly and meowing for his treats. So now Speedbump gets an injection once a day in the morning, and every night he gets a tiny little pinch on the back so he knows can have his snack.

-
-
See this if you get a chance, it’s pretty awesome fun.
-
I’ve been struggling with my current job for awhile as they did not follow through with multiple promises and my role wasn’t what I was hired for even after almost three years. The place was becoming rapidly toxic with gossiping HR ladies, constant financial woes, and some other matters that were making me concerned. But I finally resigned! My new role seems promising, it’s where I realistically should be in my career, and they seem to have their shit together. I’m really excited, and just so happy to finally be free of this place … in two weeks

RL Peeve: they are making me stay TWO WHOLE WEEKS after resigning and are being real dicks about it. But at least it’s temporary!
-
Yay! I’m super excited for you. You deserve it and two weeks after years is just a blink of the eye. The quit-itis is real though, I feel that. Good on you for being brave and getting that new job!
-
As my return to school isn’t a big deal to anyone in my actual life, I just wanted to share because I can. I am about halfway through my estimated timetable on my degree. I am double majoring with 18 credit semesters while working management for 40+ hours. I’m in accelerated courses to achieve the goal faster. I just got my certificates to say that I have again maintained my dean list holding that I’ve had the whole time and a merit award for taking part in the student insight committee.
That is all. I return you back to the game opens, closes, and dramas.
Thank you for reading.
-
@RightMeow Congratulations!
-
@RightMeow said in Real life happy:
As my return to school isn’t a big deal to anyone in my actual life, I just wanted to share because I can. I am about halfway through my estimated timetable on my degree. I am double majoring with 18 credit semesters while working management for 40+ hours. I’m in accelerated courses to achieve the goal faster. I just got my certificates to say that I have again maintained my dean list holding that I’ve had the whole time and a merit award for taking part in the student insight committee.
That is all. I return you back to the game opens, closes, and dramas.
Thank you for reading.
From someone who was also an adult student carrying a full-time course load while working a full-time job for something like seven years over two degrees:
What you’re doing is incredibly hard. Anyone who doesn’t think it’s a big deal doesn’t know what they’re talking about. You should be enormously proud of yourself.
-
I just showed child the Tom Holland/Zendaya lip sync battle. She died.
-
The final appeal to the Supreme Court of the state was denied. Child is officially free for adoption.
-
Mollie’s Pack has returned to within the Yellowstone National Park boundaries. The same day, or the day before, the hunt opened. Oh 1090F, you beauty, as leadership decisions go, that’s a gem.
ETA:

-
All my life, I was told my grandfather came from coal miners who were so poor that at varying points when he was small, he and his brother picked waste coal from the culm banks on the edge of their town…
And tonight I found out that all of that was true.
But what was also true was that his father served as a borough councilman for their small coal town. And that at one point as a councilman, my great-grandfather gave testimony in Erie Railroad Co. v. Tompkins. His name is stamped in the trial records of a landmark SCOTUS case that resulted in a ruling which has been a fundamental legal principle for nearly a century.
Needless to say, it seems like my mother forgot to mention a few things.

-
@Aria Did this revelation happen in the same way my family usually reveals big bits of our history, in that the preceeding conversation was absolutely unrelated?
-
@Aria Did this revelation happen in the same way my family usually reveals big bits of our history, in that the preceeding conversation was absolutely unrelated?
Not at all, though she’s definitely done that to me before. My favorite is when it’s about my own childhood medical history and things that would’ve been great to tell my doctor any time in the last twenty years.
“Wait, what do you mean the right side of my face could’ve been completely paralyzed during ‘those operations’? What operations?!” and then tells me some horrific thing that happened when I was two and is shocked to discover I don’t remember it. Because, y’know, I was two. Meanwhile we’re deep into the “Guess who died?!” years and it always turns out it’s, like, her neighbor’s sister’s pastor’s hamster. Of all the things rattling around in her head, clearly that’s the important information I need to know.
-
-
This is more of an “RL Ambivalence.”
So TL;DR - I basically quit my retail job because it was just getting to me too much, and a whole bunch of things involved I’m not going into. I basically got the high-risk part of the high-reward thing I was volunteered for as part of the remodel that’s going on. I was not slated for termination; that was my decision simply because I didn’t see how a personal LOA would solve anything (which would be LOA #3 for almost the same reasons as the first two).
So what’s the other side of this? I feel like I’ve not so much liberated myself so much as forced myself to confront some issues with respect to employment, and what I can and can’t do with the degree I got on my employer’s dime and finished last year. (Still hate job search, though.)
… I just have some serious deadlines due to the financial state, and the worst case scenario is I could ask for (very conditional) reinstatement to said retail job, but that deadline is about 7d tops from today.
But I feel like this got me to actually take myself more seriously instead of wallow in imposter syndrome. A few things that came up over the past almost 12 years at said job convinced me that I have… more of a handle on CS topics than I thought I did when comparing to others. And that’s without getting into vibe coding and other agent-based programming soapboxes.
So yeah, happy to start discovering myself more in a very ironic way, but also
at the same time. -
I’m resigning in three minutes.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login


