Brand MU Day
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. dvoraen
    3. Posts
    D Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 1
    • Topics 9
    • Posts 477
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: FAT BEAR WEEK 2026

      @Roz Ok but which of these six bears would you vote for if they were the candidates? This is very important to the theme of this thread.

      posted in No Escape from Reality
      D
      dvoraen
    • RE: Real life happy

      This is more of an “RL Ambivalence.”

      So TL;DR - I basically quit my retail job because it was just getting to me too much, and a whole bunch of things involved I’m not going into. I basically got the high-risk part of the high-reward thing I was volunteered for as part of the remodel that’s going on. I was not slated for termination; that was my decision simply because I didn’t see how a personal LOA would solve anything (which would be LOA #3 for almost the same reasons as the first two).

      So what’s the other side of this? I feel like I’ve not so much liberated myself so much as forced myself to confront some issues with respect to employment, and what I can and can’t do with the degree I got on my employer’s dime and finished last year. (Still hate job search, though.)

      … I just have some serious deadlines due to the financial state, and the worst case scenario is I could ask for (very conditional) reinstatement to said retail job, but that deadline is about 7d tops from today.

      But I feel like this got me to actually take myself more seriously instead of wallow in imposter syndrome. A few things that came up over the past almost 12 years at said job convinced me that I have… more of a handle on CS topics than I thought I did when comparing to others. And that’s without getting into vibe coding and other agent-based programming soapboxes.

      So yeah, happy to start discovering myself more in a very ironic way, but also 😧 at the same time.

      posted in No Escape from Reality
      D
      dvoraen
    • RE: The SA In Games Thread (Good Luck)

      @Yam said:

      I want everyone’s opinion of what counts as gritty realism GO

      My self-inflicted RL situation. passes over mic

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      D
      dvoraen
    • RE: Looking for Artists

      @Babs said:

      @Meg does a picture even count as a shortrel

      Yes, if it’s a game of hangman where the word guessed was “shortrel.”

      posted in Helping Hands
      D
      dvoraen
    • RE: Tag Team: Tez Out; Jumpscare In

      @Tez If our roles were reversed, I would not have been able to resist making the Blade Runner GIF with “I do hope you’re satisfied with our product.”

      posted in Comments & Feedback
      D
      dvoraen
    • RE: Children NPCs, yay or nay?

      @voiceinthevoid Please tell me you at least reported that before leaving. I went hurk in my chair.

      posted in Game Gab
      D
      dvoraen
    • RE: Paroxysm - split off

      @Shygaming said:

      I completely understand that this will be a deal breaker for some people. I am sorry to lose anyone over it. I would still rather be upfront about what the game allows than have somebody discover it after investing time into a character. Nobody will ever be forced to roleplay anything they are uncomfortable with and players will always have the option to fade to black.

      How is the bolded an opt-out in any way shape or form if the ftb insinuates that it happened to that character anyway, meaning the topic is likely coming up later which means they’re… still roleplaying about it? Because let’s be real, I don’t know of anyone who can just black hole memory that kind of event to the point it doesn’t become relevant later in any form. (Ignoring supernatural things being involved, obviously.)

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      D
      dvoraen
    • RE: Children NPCs, yay or nay?

      One of my take-aways (personal regrets) from being on Concordia is that the thread’s question of children NPCs also applies to pets.

      Because I was a menace about my cat, and looking back I think it was pretty clear I more often than not failed to add much of substance to a scene with him involved.

      posted in Game Gab
      D
      dvoraen
    • RE: MU Peeves Thread

      @hellfrog Sometimes, when the moon is in the right lunar phase, I get intrusive thoughts saying “I want to see the receipts of things like that.”

      And then I come to my senses because I don’t really need to lose further faith in humanity or intentionally make myself nauseous from the ick they likely contain. (To say nothing about how I have absolutely no right to ask for them, let alone be shown them.)

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      D
      dvoraen
    • RE: Arx

      @Ominous I just want to know what this references, because I am having a complete brainfart.

      posted in Game Gab
      D
      dvoraen
    • RE: Pets!

      @Wizz Ok but did you give picture #1 a bath like they were clearly asking for? (ETA - they were actually expecting the dish towel straight out of the dryer, but I didn’t want to state the obvious here)

      posted in No Escape from Reality
      D
      dvoraen
    • RE: Celebrities We've Lost 2026 Edition

      I can’t find an “ugly cry” GIF that’s good(?) enough to explain my feelings about all these passings this week.

      posted in No Escape from Reality
      D
      dvoraen
    • RE: Arx

      @Apos said:

      @hellfrog said:

      So who is the Blood Patriarch, and can he be my boyfriend

      You don’t want that. Nobody wants that. Trust.

      @dvoraen

      I actually don’t recall if this got asked (and I have nfc what to look for if the answer exists), but how does it work that <things> got chomped and then the culprit got what happened to them. I mean that in a “does that particular notion have to be refilled by a successor” or is it more “VACANCY: THIS MANY FOLKS” who may or may not have the same “portfolio” so to speak.

      So that one I won’t get into, as fun as it would be to talk about it. I’m gonna keep to things that would greet people immediately on the way in or be very clear just from reading things that would be mostly common knowledge to characters, and the metaphysics around things like that and the circumstances could be considerably deeper, and in some cases run into some character secrets.

      Fair! I was mostly curious because of some of your AMA answers that hinted at option a (successors) as well as that doozy about not-David Bowie killing a certain somebody who was put in timeout in Eurus.

      posted in Game Gab
      D
      dvoraen
    • RE: Arx

      @Testament THE COMBINED. MIGHT. OF THE SUN!

      posted in Game Gab
      D
      dvoraen
    • RE: Arx

      @Apos said:

      @Anhedonia said:

      If I missed this somewhere above, I apologize (I’m lazy) –

      Is my boy Leviathan coming back? Can he take the form of a cool talking fish?

      Most of the gods got got but Leviathan is still around and some Infernals worship him, especially among the Sireni.

      I actually don’t recall if this got asked (and I have nfc what to look for if the answer exists), but how does it work that <things> got chomped and then the culprit got what happened to them. I mean that in a “does that particular notion have to be refilled by a successor” or is it more “VACANCY: THIS MANY FOLKS” who may or may not have the same “portfolio” so to speak.

      posted in Game Gab
      D
      dvoraen
    • RE: 8/4 Upgrades

      @junipersky said:

      @pavel
      Next you will ask to ban yourself geeze! 😉

      Or block himself.

      posted in Comments & Feedback
      D
      dvoraen
    • RE: Arx

      @Apos Would you like to place a wager on an initial playerbase census (characters in each area by %) after this posting about Ariwn?

      (Also, how do you pronounce it?)

      posted in Game Gab
      D
      dvoraen
    • RE: 8/4 Upgrades

      @Tez said:

      https://brandmu.day/topic/678/forum-upgrade-8-4

      Let me know what broke.

      I wouldn’t call this broke so much as “idk if I/dvor need to change a setting somewhere”. It might also be a Chrome-specific thing with their vertical tabs update (ETA - it is) that I’ve started using, but:

      I CAN’T EDIT MY OWN POSTS (SCREECH)

      2ae073eb-ad33-469c-a9a1-a5d4bc01dc4f-image.jpeg
      The ^^ vv prompt in the bottom right COVERS IT UP for bigger threads/topics. 😞
      (Because you can see I edited this one fine since it says “5 out of 5” which takes up less screen space.)

      posted in Comments & Feedback
      D
      dvoraen
    • RE: Filtering player temperament through game design

      Well, I think I know how to filter some player temperament through using my knowledge of the English language. It certainly gave me some application question ideas to send to Staff if there is a Player Helper application for Arx 2.

      posted in Game Gab
      D
      dvoraen
    • RE: Arx

      @kalakh said:

      There’s a magic system, and PCs who want to learn magic will all be complete newbies. (gif snipped out)

      zero to hero hercules GIF

      posted in Game Gab
      D
      dvoraen