Brand MU Day
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. hellfrog
    3. Posts
    hellfrogH Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 1
    • Topics 5
    • Posts 628
    • Groups 1

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Liberation Drama!?

      @Gashlycrumb I’m sorry this went this way for you, I think you really set the wrong tone by opening up by calling yourself ‘legitimately extremely annoying’ and a ‘horrible person’.

      I’m gonna try a little rock em sock em both sides, though. As a staffer, if you knew that turning someone down/telling them they were being too much was likely to get you called abusive and stupid and whatever else…would you be eager to have that conversation? Would you want to put it at the top of your to-do? It’s not good behavior, but it’s understandable behavior, isn’t it? It’s at least as understandable as being cheesed off when your +requests are not getting answered in a timely fashion – which is a valid reason to be cheesed off!

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      hellfrogH
      hellfrog
    • RE: Liberation Drama!?

      @Gashlycrumb said:

      Siren informed me that she deliberately ignored all communication from me for half a year because I “don’t take no for an answer,” so she “can’t be bothered” with me. I am legitimately extremely annoying, but what she didn’t do is tell me that I was being punished or why,

      Have you tried not being “legitimately extremely annoying?” If not, why not?

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      hellfrogH
      hellfrog
    • RE: Celebrities We've Lost 2026 Edition

      y’all, Bob Mackie died yesterday 😞 😞 😞 what an icon

      posted in No Escape from Reality
      hellfrogH
      hellfrog
    • RE: The SA In Games Thread (Good Luck)

      @Juniper said:

      My reading of Kestrel’s whole spiel is that it’s important to look at the big picture of what you’re doing and examine if what you’re doing is harmful to yourself or others on a case by case basis. Not that, like, all sexual RP is self-harm.

      So the issue is other peoples’ cavalier attitudes towards their own self-examination of their motives and behavior? Internally?? Because previously she stated she wanted it in the setting, but not - involving pcs, I guess? Which begs a lot of questions, and assumptions, and questions about the assumptions.

      And maybe a little alarm at the assumption one can diagnose a stranger by a behavior that may be an indicator of a possible problem or may be completely harmless.

      ETA Obviously everyone can and should make informed choices about what they are comfortable dealing with. I pretty famously completely outlawed SA as a story beat on the last game I staffed for that very reason.

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      hellfrogH
      hellfrog
    • RE: The SA In Games Thread (Good Luck)

      @Kestrel I am confused on what the difference is here between, say, someone who rps sexual assault and someone who writes fiction that includes sexual assault. If someone writes a seven book series that includes multiple instances of non consent or otherwise problematic behavior, does that mean there’s a reasonable suspicion that person engages in or wants to engage in that behavior in their real life?

      If not, is the difference the involvement of another person? Does it become something that needs addressing if an author includes another author in brainstorming or writing?

      What’s with the assumption that anyone who participates in graphic rp is doing it for their direct gratification and building pathology?? Because that’s just not reliably the case. I see you said your issue is the ‘blase attitude’ that it’s ok if there’s consent, but what’s the alternative? I don’t understand the consequence that’s desired.

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      hellfrogH
      hellfrog
    • RE: Haven

      @Yam said:

      I regret this thread so much

      How do I delete my life choices

      drugs

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      hellfrogH
      hellfrog
    • RE: Children NPCs, yay or nay?

      @Juniper FLARED unless you mean the base is covered in stickers and decorations

      posted in Game Gab
      hellfrogH
      hellfrog
    • RE: The SA In Games Thread (Good Luck)

      I know cnc is a very common fantasy, and as a fantasy, I think adults should have a place they can indulge in that without being demonized or exploited. Purity culture is dangerous.

      But SA as a narrative device is overused, (personally) distracting, annoying, often offensive, and I’m tired of it. Totally fine with one. Do not want the other, particularly from amateurs who are giving about 15 seconds of thought to the narrative in question.

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      hellfrogH
      hellfrog
    • RE: MU Peeves Thread

      @Kestrel vulgarkitten, that you?

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      hellfrogH
      hellfrog
    • RE: Arx

      So who is the Blood Patriarch, and can he be my boyfriend

      posted in Game Gab
      hellfrogH
      hellfrog
    • RE: Celebrities We've Lost 2026 Edition

      RIP Queen, the world is poorer today than it was yesterday.

      posted in No Escape from Reality
      hellfrogH
      hellfrog
    • RE: Arx

      boo to the idea of any characters from the first game being player characters in the second. big boo

      posted in Game Gab
      hellfrogH
      hellfrog
    • RE: Arx

      @Nynrose said:

      @Testament It’s set 1,000 years into the future from Arx 1.

      It has been 1,000 years for the people of Arx

      posted in Game Gab
      hellfrogH
      hellfrog
    • RE: Arx

      @Ominous said:

      What are khati?

      they were animal people. Catgirls, snakeboys, etc

      posted in Game Gab
      hellfrogH
      hellfrog
    • RE: Arx

      I thought the premise was that it was a small (ish) population in a sealed city that was just opened up to the post-apoc world. In-city empires? Nations?

      posted in Game Gab
      hellfrogH
      hellfrog
    • RE: Filtering player temperament through game design

      I would have been there skinemax power tripping day one.

      posted in Game Gab
      hellfrogH
      hellfrog
    • RE: Filtering player temperament through game design

      I mean, there was some of this for sure. For player helpers on Arx, one of the questions was 'name a woman who is not fictional or dead who is smarter than you are."

      And it did drive some assholes away, fully intended.

      posted in Game Gab
      hellfrogH
      hellfrog
    • RE: Non-Boring RP

      @Tez this is actually the secret. If you want people to want more rp with you, rp curiosity about their characters. That’s it, that’s literally all it takes.

      posted in Game Gab
      hellfrogH
      hellfrog
    • RE: MU Peeves Thread

      @howyadoin okay 😞

      posted in Rough and Rowdy
      hellfrogH
      hellfrog
    • RE: Arx

      @InkGolem evennnia, yeah

      posted in Game Gab
      hellfrogH
      hellfrog