I believe it was implied above that someone used Addison’s ooc complaints against him rather than listening to him.
I don’t know who complained or the contents of their complaint so I really can’t be sure what happened.
There are a few things I do know though.
Siren is well intentioned, intelligent and has good social understanding. I don’t believe she would ban anyone without a good reason. In addition I don’t think she enjoys giving out punishments and I don’t believe she wanted to ban him. I am not her ooc friend just a player who has witnessed her consistently acting right.
It is of course still possible she made an error in judgement, but I don’t think that is the most likely scenario.
I know that Addison is extremely intelligent, creative, energetic, well educated and forgiving.
I am not really his friend either.
Addison in my understanding has a history of jumping into ooc page conversations pretty quickly. In these conversations he has been known to give a generous amount of unsolicited advice and information on game them. He doesn’t take hints well imo and I don’t think always realized when it was time to stop.
People who are used to Addison often shrug it off and people who know him better will sometimes say he is well intentioned and just trying to help.
A good deal of his complaints are valid imo, but they are not all valid. In addition the theme of WOD is complex and nuanced. It changes from book to book. There isn’t always one definitive answer when it comes to theme and not everyone always agreed with Addison.
Liberation has changed the theme with house interpretations and for the better, but that only further complicates theme.
Not everyone plays the game with the same intensity. Some people are part time occasional players chilling for a few hours after work and spending that time in paged tense ooc conversations may not be ideal.
I think the most probable explanation is that Addison paged some players with complaints, didn’t pick up on the social cues to back off and then argued with staff when approached.
I don’t think anyone complained in malice. If I see receipts that show otherwise I might change my mind.
Sometimes a ban is from a back breaking straw and not the whole haystack.
As to comment about people should Listen to his complaints, I would argue nobody is obligated to listen to ooc paged complaining and the decision to go staff for help is a fair choice if one feels things are crossing the line.
Unless you come with receipts, I’m not buying the nefarious complaining to staff angle.
That being said Addison is a wonderful role player. If he is given a second chance or finds another mush I will be happy for him.