@somasatori said:
@Shygaming said:
Remember: a citizen with nothing to hide has nothing to redact.
Your diligence has been noted, Loyal Citizen.
I get what you’re saying. However, given that there are bad actors who have attempted to masquerade as other people in this hobby for years, and who will often use the same language about privacy to justify said masquerade, I think one is liable to be a bit suspicious, no? Fool me once and all that.
I do not care. I am rapidly beginning to understand why Tyr barely spoke to anyone.
Nobody has asked me anything about the game. It feels like people are far more interested in the possibility that there is some scandal to uncover or in repeatedly telling me they disagree with a design decision than they are in Paroxysm itself. Nobody seems particularly curious about the systems, the setting, the direction, or what I am actually trying to build. The only things generating sustained interest seem to be who I might have been on some other game years ago and whether there is some design decision people disagree with strongly enough that we can spend another three pages telling me they disagree with it after I have already acknowledged that they do.
The code is open source partly because I sincerely hope somebody eventually forks it into the hugbox version of the game. Then they can have that and I can keep making the game I actually want to make without having this same argument until the heat death of the universe.
That is why I am finding this whole conversation increasingly difficult to care about. If people want to talk about Paroxysm, I am happy to talk about Paroxysm. If the real attraction here is trying to unmask me, reconstruct some ancient hobby drama, or repeatedly relitigate design decisions because my answer did not change after the first three times, I genuinely have nothing useful to contribute to that.
I’m going to take a break before this thread gets split into a fourth thread.
I wish I’d gone for a walk before posting that. I posted it out of anger and I don’t think it was a particularly useful contribution.
Anyway. Yeah. I can see this probably isn’t my crowd and I don’t think continuing to argue about it is doing anyone much good.
I’m going to leave the thread here and get back to working on the game. I’ll be in discord if anyone wants to talk about it.